Brown & Cohen Communications & Public Affairs
We believe everyone has a story to tell.
Whether you're a client that's just getting started, or have a century-long history, we are ready to help.
Brown & Cohen will work to increase your profile, protect reputation, build profit and make an impact.
Clients love our energy, creativity and drive.
We love working with organizations across the country and are always up for a good challenge.
Our story began in 1991, and fast forward almost three decades later and our journey has taken us to:
- Work with over 250 organizations
- Operate a full service firm
- Work with an international network of global partners
- Provide services in both of Canada's official languages
- Have senior professionals invovled on all of our accounts
Brown & Cohen has conducted campaigns with creativity, innovation and sensitivity, we have served companies in health care, financial services, technology, environment, hospitality and manufacturing.
Our strategies communicate the value of our clients' business, products, issues and services to their target audiences.
We are known for our ability to creatively package complex issues and successfully develop communications programs for internal, business-to-business, business-to-government, and business-to-consumer use.
We are proud of the stories we’ve told, issues raised and brands promoted.
- Thirty years experience providing marketing, media and government relations solutions to companies and associations to increase their revenue and membership base;
- Founder, former member of the Board of Directors (2003-2010) and Fundraising Chair, Brain Injury Association of Canada;
- Former member of the Board of Directors, Ontario Brain Injury Association (1998-2005);
- Accredited Public Relations Professional (APR), Canadian Public Relations Society and Certified Advertising Agency Professional (CAAP) from the Institute of Canadian Advertising;
- Former member of the Board of Governors: Mount Sinai Hospital, former member of Board of Directors, former Canadian Club of Toronto Events Chair;
- Former member of the Board of Directors, Public Affairs Association of Canada (2006-2008);
- Former City of Toronto appointed Director, Metro Toronto Convention Centre (1998-2001);
- Former member of the Board of Directors, Heart & Stroke Foundation of Ontario, Toronto Chapter (1988-1992);
- Former Marketing Director, Royal LePage Residential Real Estate Services;
- Former Special Assistant, Minister of Regional Economic Expansion, Ottawa;
- Former Ontario Policy Chair, Liberal Party of Canada;
- Former Vice-President, Communications, Ontario Liberal Party;
- Published in The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star and many other publications;
- Recipient of the Canada 125 Governor-General's Medal for Community Service (1993);
- Bachelor of Journalism, Ryerson University, Toronto
Contact Howard at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fifteen years of experience helping businesses increase their revenue and profile through brand-building campaigns using media, government and stakeholder communications, social media, and crisis and issues management
- Works with clients across North America in the IT, health care, not-for-profit, finance, education, hospitality and manufacturing industries.
- Media commentator, CTV NewsNet 2006 federal election;
- Published in Marketing and Strategy magazines;
- Guest lecturer at Ryerson University, Centennial College and Humber College;
- Founding member, Brain Injury Association of Canada’s Hawaiian Oyster Odyssey, 2004-2007. Secured major national sponsors such as Diageo, Apotex and Bombardier. The event is now held in every province across Canada;
- Former member of the Board of Directors, Toronto Humane Society, newly elected 2010 board;
- Former member of the Board of Directors, Rotman School of Business Alumni Association, University of Toronto, 2007-2009;
- Former member of the Board of Directors, Big Sisters of Toronto, 1997-1999;
- Former member of The Toronto Board of Trade and served on the Professional Development & Management Committee;
- Member, Toronto Israel Bonds Women's Division, 2009 to present, co-chaired financial forum with media commentator Ellen Roseman of the Toronto Star;
- Held communications positions at WWDB Talk Radio (an ABC Affiliate) and WPHL TV-17, both in Philadelphia;
- Former communications and marketing professional for the American Red Cross, Project SEED (a U.S. national mathematics organization) and the Philadelphia Convention Center;
- MBA, University of Toronto;
- BA, George Washington University
Contact Kimberly at: email@example.com