Brown & Cohen Communications & Public Affairs Inc.
Since 1991, Brown & Cohen Communications & Public Affairs Inc. has worked with over 175 organizations across Canada to provide dynamic public relations, government relations and marketing services.
We work with companies to increase their revenue stream strictly through the use of PR. We have worked with 10 of Profit Magazine’s hottest start-ups and have a proven track record of success. Our public relations campaigns increase awareness of companies, products, services and issues. Strategies range from unconventional to traditional, but most important, they make an impression and have impact.
Our government relations campaigns help organizations be heard at the municipal, provincial and federal levels. Whether used to challenge current legislation or increase stakeholder awareness, Brown & Cohen has the experience, relationships and knowledge needed.
Conducting campaigns with creativity, innovation and sensitivity, we have served companies in health care, financial services, technology, environment, hospitality and manufacturing. Our individually developed strategies communicate the value of our clients' business, products, issues and services to their target audiences.
Known for our ability to package complex issues concisely and clearly, B&C has successfully developed communications programs for internal, business-to-business, business-to-government, and business-to-consumer use. We have full-service capabilities to conduct internal communications, national media campaigns, government and stakeholder relations, social media campaigns, media training, website and video production. Clients love our energy, creativity and drive; we love working with people across the country and a good challenge!
- Thirty years experience providing marketing, media and government relations solutions to companies and associations to increase their revenue and membership base;
- Founder, Member of Board of Directors (2003-2010) and Fundraising Chair, Brain Injury Association of Canada;
- Member of Board of Directors, Ontario Brain Injury Association (1998-2005);
- Accredited Public Relations Professional (APR), Canadian Public Relations Society and Certified Advertising Agency Professional (CAAP) from the Institute of Canadian Advertising;
- Member of Board of Governors: Mount Sinai Hospital Member of Board of Directors, Canadian Club of Toronto Events Chair;
- Member of Board of Directors, Public Affairs Association of Canada (2006-2008);
- City of Toronto appointed Director, Metro Toronto Convention Centre (1998-2001);
- Member of Board of Directors, Heart & Stroke Foundation of Ontario, Toronto Chapter (1988-1992);
- Former Marketing Director, Royal LePage Residential Real Estate Services;
- Former Special Assistant, Minister of Regional Economic Expansion, Ottawa;
- Former Ontario Policy Chair, Liberal Party of Canada;
- Former Vice-President, Communications, Ontario Liberal Party;
- Published in The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star and many other publications;
- Recipient of the Canada 125 Governor-General's Medal for Community Service (1993);
- Bachelor of Journalism, Ryerson University, Toronto
Contact Howard at: email@example.com
- Fifteen years of experience helping businesses increase their revenue and profile through brand-building campaigns using media, government and stakeholder communications, social media, and crisis and issues management Works with clients across North America in the IT, health care, not-for-profit, finance, education, hospitality and manufacturing industries.
- Media commentator, CTV NewsNet 2006 federal election;
- Published in Marketing and Strategy magazines;
- Guest lecturer at Ryerson University, Centennial College and Humber College;
- Founding member, Brain Injury Association of Canada’s Hawaiian Oyster Odyssey, 2004-2007. Secured major national sponsors such as Diageo, Apotex and Bombardier. The event is now held in every province across Canada;
- Board of Directors, Toronto Humane Society, newly elected 2010 board;
- Board of Directors, Rotman School of Business Alumni Association, University of Toronto, 2007-2009;
- Board of Directors, Big Sisters of Toronto, 1997-1999;
- Member of The Toronto Board of Trade and served on the Professional Development & Management Committee;
- Member, Toronto Israel Bonds Women's Division, 2009 to present, co-chaired financial forum with key media commentator Ellen Roseman of the Toronto Star;
- Held communications positions at WWDB Talk Radio (an ABC Affiliate) and WPHL TV-17, both in Philadelphia;
- Former communications and marketing professional for the American Red Cross, Project SEED (a U.S. national mathematics organization) and the Philadelphia Convention Center;
- MBA, University of Toronto;
- BA, George Washington University
Contact Kimberly at: firstname.lastname@example.org