General Manager & Partner
Our people are astute problem solvers, clear writers, strategic analysts and trusted advisers.
SenateSHJ was founded in 2002, and since that time we have grown to become one of Australasia's most successful independent consultancies. We have won multiple awards, including being recognised in the 2017 Holmes Report, which ranked us in the top 150 for public relations agencies in the world.
Our diverse backgrounds include government, healthcare, journalism, media, marketing and business consulting, digital and social strategy management, as well as communication consulting. We pride ourselves on our work, our people and our industry.
We are here when you want a different perspective and smart thinking. We are here when you want someone who cares as much as you. We are here to help make a difference.
Darren Behar – Managing Partner, Australia. Darren's experience extends across a broad range of areas including communication, stakeholder and media relations, reputation management, change, sustainability, marketing, brand, positioning, strategy and operations.
Angela Scaffidi – Managing Partner and Head of Change. Angela is a former associate director of Porter Novelli and communication specialist for McKinsey & Company, and now consults for major Australian-based companies across their international offices.
Craig Badings – Partner, Sydney, Australia. Craig's expertise is reputation management in good times and bad. Much of his time is spent assisting executive teams with issues and crisis preparation and management, media coaching, communication strategy and thought leadership.
In 2019 SenateSHJ was ranked largest independent Australasian consultancy, as well as 176th globally by the Holmes Group - the international authority on communications consultancies.
Other recent SenateSHJ awards include:
• Mumbrella CommsCon Awards:
Winner Pro Bono Campaign of the Year 2020: A Cup of Hope, in partnership with Missing Persons Advocacy Network (MPAN)
• The Holmes Report: Asia-Pacific Sabre Awards 2017:
Winner Sponsorship, The 2017 Colgate Games: New Zealand’s Junior Olympics, Colgate-Palmolive
• The Holmes Report: Asia-Pacific Gold Sabre Awards 2017:
Finalist Pharmaceutical, Do You See What I See? Eye Health Initiative, in partnership with Bayer Australia
• The Holmes Report: 2017 Asia-Pacific Healthcare PR Consultancies of the Year: Finalist
• The Holmes Report: 2017 Australasian PR Consultancies of the Year: Finalist
• The Holmes Report: Ranked at spot 150 in the 2017 Holmes Report's Global Top 250 PR Agency ranking, as well as the highest ranked independent PR Australasian consultancy
• PRINZ: Joint Winner 2017 PRINZ Corporate Public Relations Award: The 2017 Colgate Games: New Zealand's Junior Olympics
• Mumbrella CommsCon Awards: Shortlisted, Best Corporate Social Responsibility Campaign 2016: Do You See What I See? Eye health Initiative, in partnership with Bayer Australia